Announcement of Thailand Country Coordinating Mechanism: Thai CCM
“Thai CCM member Election and Selection”
As per Thai CCM for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria on 24 September 2014 agreement, each CCM constituency is required to review membership with election/selection of new CCM member to serve for the next two years term (January 2015- December 2016).
One of the key principles of Thai CCM is to promote good governance, ensure accountability and transparency in all groups and get public confidence. Thus, the CCM membership has to be comprising of representatives of a broad variety of stakeholders. Accordingly, the CCM has established the election/selection process and timeline, set up a committee and assigned constituency election/selection coordinators as follows:
- 1. Number and composition of Thai CCM
The CCM shall be composed of 32 members distributed  among the constituencies as follows:
|1) Government representatives||
|2) Multilateral & Bi-lateral Development Partners in-country representatives||
|3) NGOs representatives||
|4) People living with the diseases (HIV, TB and Malaria) representatives||
|5) Key Affected Populations representatives||
|6) Religious and Faith Based Organizations representatives||
|7) Private Sector representatives||
|8) Academic Institutions representatives||
|9) Experts (Health and Gender) representatives||
- 2. Composition of CCM election/selection committee
|1) Dr. Petchsri Sirinirund||CCM Executive Secretariat|
|2) Ms. Aimon Siangyai||Rights and Liberties Protection Department, Ministry of Justice|
|3) Ms. Supatra Nakapew||Thai NGO Coalition on AIDS|
|4) Ms. Tatiana Shoumilina||UNAIDS Thailand|
|5) Mr. Aaron Schubert||USAID|
|6) Ms. Rossukon Kangvallert||CCM secretariat Office|
|7) Ms. Phatradasorn Chuangcham||CCM secretariat Office|
- 3. Focal persons for constituency
1) CCM Secretariat Office coordinate the selection of Government Private Sector, Academic Institutions and Expert representatives
2) Ms. Tatiana Shoumilina coordinate the selection of ML/BL representatives
3) Ms. Supatra Nakapew coordinate the election of Thai NGO Coalition on AIDS representatives
4) Dr. Yuthichai Kasetcharoen coordinate the election of NGOs TB network representatives
5) Dr. Wichai Stimai coordinate the election of NGOs Malaria network representatives
6) PLWD/KAP sub-committee coordinate the election of People living with the diseases (HIV,TB and Malaria) and Key Affected Populations representatives
7) Dr. Prawate Khidarn coordinate the election of Religious and Faith Based Organizations representatives
1) CCM member election/selection road map Organization/Agency/Group both formal and informal, but request to have an experience implementation concerning with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria not less than 1 year, submit expression of interest to involve in election process by using the document in annex to CCM Secretariat Office (email@example.com) within 17 October 2014.
2) CCM Secretariat Office will inform date, time and venue that indicated by CCM member election/selection coordinator. Your organization has to nominated representative to attend this meeting and also the persons of those who have been nominated to represented your organization as CCM member.
3) CCM member election/selection coordinator from each constituency to be CCM member will request to submit the election/selection report to CCM Secretariat Office within 1 December 2014.
4) CCM member election/selection committee will review on process and qualification of the persons of those who have been elected/ selected to be CCM members. CCM secretariat will announce the names of New CCM members on Friday 5 December 2014 on Website: www.thailandccm.org.
5) First new CCM member meeting will be conducted on Monday 15 December 2014 to perform the election of Chair and Vice Chairs of CCM and Chair and Vice Chairs of Oversight Committee.
- 4. For additional information please contact
CCM Secretariat Office
Building 2, 3rd Floor, The office of the Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Public Health Tiwanont Road,
Muang district, Nonthaburi 10110
Tel/Fax. 02 590 1500